Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Braving the Wilderness


Hey Blog! We're going to try something new today, okay? Here's a so serious poem submitted by a very mysterious guest blogger, Nick C.!


Braving the Wilderness

Braving the wilderness
Thoughts of you warm my being
Glacial mountain peaks
Would give way to your love

The rigid spruce tree
Sentry of the open tundra
A lone moose traveling
I relate to such sentiment

Lost and desperate
I am inclined to return
But home does not exist
It has yet to be built

Adventurous spirit
All encompassing breeze and sun
Tell me how you long
Sing of your youthful yearning

Endless white plains
The land of eternal snow
Bless my body and mind
For the things I will endure

I envision a house
A barn and a garden
Your infinite locks
Draped over your shoulders

Pretty girl, oh lovely girl
The lady of the stables
The wild steed inside of me;
Before you is tamed

2 comments:

  1. not @ all creepy...best line "lady of the stables" by far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeeeaaaahhh! Lady of the Stables!!!!!
    I'll be the Lady of your Stables anyday, Nick C.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments you guys!